It’s almost Halloween! Oh, and this week’s writing challenge is now open for submissions.
If you’ve already written something, scroll to the bottom of this page and add your link. If you haven’t written anything yet, you have until Monday at noon, so get writing!
Halloween test drive
O.M.G. Can you believe Halloween is exactly one week from today? I don’t know what the rest of you are up to this weekend, but here at ghoul central, I’ll be kicking things off early at my annual Halloween party. I’m experimenting with special effects make-up for the first time, so wish me luck!
Okay, to get everyone properly in the Halloween spirit, we’ve given you two creeptacular prompts. We want to see you use both of them in your submission. Remember, you must use the definition we’ve provided for the word prompt — and you must also incorporate the visual prompt into your piece in some way.
This week’s visual prompt is an award-winning short film by Whoo Kazoo, Dia De Los Muertos.
- • Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- • Submissions must be 750 words or less.
- • Submissions must use the prompts as specified.
- • Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- • One submission per person.
- • Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- • Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post (under the badge in the sidebar).
- • And don’t forget to have fun!