Happy Halloween! This week’s writing challenge is now open for submissions.
If you’ve already written something, now’s the time to scroll to the bottom of this page and add your link. If you haven’t written anything yet, you have until Monday at noon, so get writing!
Halloween is here!
That’s right, today is the day when ghouls can walk the earth and we can all eat too much candy. It’s also the perfect day to write something extra creepy or bizarre. We can’t wait to read all your Halloweeny submissions!
Okay, here is a recap of your two Halloween prompts. We want to see you use both of them in your submission. Remember, you must use the definition we’ve provided for the word prompt — and you must also incorporate the visual prompt into your piece in some way.
This week’s visual prompt is the song, Spectrum, by Florence + The Machine, which you will find below, along with your word prompt.
Evil or morally wrong.
- • Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- • Submissions must be 750 words or less.
- • Submissions must use the prompts as specified.
- • Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- • One submission per person.
- • Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- • Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post (under the badge in the sidebar).
- • And don’t forget to have fun!