Good morning! This week’s writing challenge is now open for submissions, so grab yourself a coffee and come join us.
If you’ve already written something, now’s the time to scroll to the bottom of this page and add your link. If you haven’t written anything yet, you have until Monday at noon, so get writing!
You might want to subscribe to our email list or hang out with us on Facebook and Twitter, so you don’t miss anything important, like an announcement about our very first giveaway, which will take place later this month.
On with the prompts
Okay, below is a recap of this week’s prompts. We want to see you use both of them in your submission. Remember, you must use the definition we’ve provided for the word prompt — and you must also incorporate the visual prompt into your piece in some way.
Your visual prompt this week is the painting, Homesickness, by the Belgian surrealist painter, René Magritte. And your word prompt comes courtesy of my lovely husband, who has an excellent sense of humour.
Excellent, admirable, or attractive.
The official rules are below. Don’t be afraid to contact us if you have any questions about the challenge — or if you find yourself wrestling with the badge.
- • Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- • Submissions must be 750 words or less.
- • Submissions must use the prompts as specified.
- • Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- • One submission per person.
- • Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- • Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post (under the badge in the sidebar).
- • And don’t forget to have fun!