Hoppy Easter, Ghoul Friends!
And welcome to the latest Mutant 750.
This one’s going out a little late tonight, but that happens sometimes.
So, it seems that we didn’t have any submissions last week, but that’s not going to stop the frolick in the meadow.
Before we get to this week’s prompt, here are a few important reminders:
- Voting for the most recent Shapeshifting 13 Challenge is now open!
- Don’t forget to keep in touch: Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or sign up for our mailing list.
- The Mutant 750 goes live every Sunday at 8pm ET. The grid will stay open until Thursday at 8:00 p.m., after which voting will open. Voting ends on Saturday at Noon ET. Winners will be announced in the same post as the next week’s prompts on Sunday. Details can be found here.
We’re continuing our first challenge series for the Mutant 750, which we’re calling:
Ghouls in the Meadow
In this challenge series, you will be provided with a word that works as both a noun and a verb. Your challenge is to use the word prompt in both provided ways–there’ll be two definitions provided, so use both definitions in your story. As always, a visual prompt will be provided!
Prompts for Mutant 750 #67
noun – a dog of a breed used for hunting, especially one able to track by scent.
verb – harass, persecute, or pursue relentlessly.
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be 750 words or less.
- Submissions must use the prompt as specified.
- If multiple definitions are provided, you must pick at least one definition to use, but you may use more than one.
- Submissions should be written for the challenge, and shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Make sure to give proper credit for the image if used on your post.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- And don’t forget to have fun!
While crafting your wonderful word stews, don’t forget to grab the Mutant 750 #67 badge from the right side of the page, and insert it into your post. Remember, you have until Thursday @ 8pm Eastern Time to submit something. Most importantly: Have fun!
Until next time, au revoir, and SHARE THE GEEKDOM!