Greetings, Lady Ghouls and Gentleghouls!
It’s Sunday, so it must be time for another Mutant 750 challenge! However–
We have a little something to tell you.
I have loved every moment of being a part of Grammar Ghoul Press. In my opinion, simply writing posts for you, finding word and visual prompts, and actually participating in challenges has helped to improve my writing skills and creativity. I love GGP, and I hope you do, too! So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my resignation from Grammar Ghoul Press. The past two years have been amazing, so thank you for that! As you may know, I recently graduated from college with my first Bachelor’s in Elementary Education. My certification in Alabama just recently came through, and I’ve already interviewed for my first position. On top of that, I’m going to be an acting teacher at a drama camp this summer. I have a pretty full plate ahead of me, and, as much as I’d love to stay on at GGP, I know I just won’t be able to keep up with all that’s needed of me in all areas of my life. Something has to give, and, unfortunately, it’s my position at GGP. With my resignation, and with our fearless leader, Suzanne, in the midst of conference-planning, Grammar Ghoul Press will be going on a hiatus for a while. There is no definite timeframe as of right now, but, should anything change, Suzanne will announce it.
All is not over yet! We have two more week of Ghoulish awesomeness ahead of us! Our final Mutant 750 will go live on Sunday, May 28th, and our final Shapeshifting 13 Monday, May 29th. Both will close with voting beginning on Thursday, June 1st, and winners will be announced in our final post on Sunday, June 4th.
With all that out of the way, let’s get back at it this week! Before we get to this week’s prompt, let’s look at our winner(s) of the last challenge:
Mutant 750 #71 Challenge Winner
E.A. Wicklund of Momus New with The Phone Call.
Here are a few important reminders:
- Voting for the most recent Shapeshifting 13 Challenge is now open!
- Don’t forget to keep in touch: Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or sign up for our mailing list.
- The Mutant 750 goes live every Sunday at 8pm ET. The grid will stay open until Thursday at 8:00 p.m., after which voting will open. Voting ends on Saturday at Noon ET. Winners will be announced in the same post as the next week’s prompts on Sunday. Details can be found here.
Prompts for Mutant 750 #72
verb: (of a person’s skin or a part of the body) experience a tingling sensation, especially as a result of strong emotion.
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be 750 words or less.
- Submissions must use the prompt as specified.
- If multiple definitions are provided, you must pick at least one definition to use, but you may use more than one.
- Submissions should be written for the challenge, and shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Make sure to give proper credit for the image if used on your post.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- And don’t forget to have fun!
While crafting your wonderful word stews, don’t forget to grab the Mutant 750 #72 badge from the right side of the page, and insert it into your post. Remember, you have until Thursday @ 8pm Eastern Time to submit something. Most importantly: Have fun!
Until next time, au revoir, and SHARE THE GEEKDOM!