Good morning! This week’s writing challenge is now open for submissions, so what are you waiting for?
If you’ve already written something, now’s the time to scroll to the bottom of this page and add your link. If you haven’t written anything yet, you have until Monday at noon, so get writing!
Just a quick reminder that at the end of challenge #9, we will hold our first ever Grammar Ghoul Giveaway. There are two ways to be entered in the draw: 1) participate in the Grammar Ghoul Writing Challenge #9, or 2) become a supporting subscriber. All of our supporting subscribers are automatically entered into our giveaways. (And if you do both 1 and 2, you’ll get two entries in the draw — plus you’ll get to feel good about being a patron of the arts.)
You should also tell all your friends, because if we get more than 13 participants in challenge #9, we’ll have two draws instead of one! You can always spread the word and encourage your friends to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
On with the prompts
Okay, below is a recap of this week’s prompts. We want to see you use both of them in your submission. Remember, you must use the definition we’ve provided for the word prompt — and you must also incorporate the visual prompt into your piece in some way.
Your word prompt comes from your fellow participant, Susan Writes Precise, who made the suggestion over at the Ghouls’ Lair. She also introduced herself, so you might want to get over there and do the same.
A pterosaur of the late Jurassic period, with a long slender head and neck and a very short tail.
The official rules are below. Don’t be afraid to contact us if you have any questions about the challenge.
- • Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- • Submissions must be 750 words or less.
- • Submissions must use the prompts as specified.
- • Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so they should not pre-date the kickoff post.
- • One submission per person.
- • Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- • Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- • And don’t forget to have fun!