Welcome, Ghoul Friends!
Hold up! I know what you’re probably thinking:
Yo! Tony! Where’s the winners list from #107?
Well, phantom ghouls I hear in my head–as we’re nearing the end of this era of GGP, I am compiling the winners of the Mutant 750 #73, the Shapeshifting #107 and the Shapeshifting #108 into my final post on Sunday, June 4th. In that farewell post, there will be no new challenges, but I will announce the winners for all three challenges.
Again, this hiatus does not mean that GGP is done-zo. We’re just taking a break. Although I’m resigning from my position as editor, Suzanne is still our editor-in-chief, and all other staffers are still on. Suzanne will let you know in the coming weeks about the future of GGP moving forward.
For now, let’s jump into our final Shapeshifting 13 challenge! For this one, I decided to break the rules just a bit. Instead of continuing our regular multiple of 13 word-limit, I’m extending it. For this challenge, should you accept (which I hope you will), your challenge is to write a story or poem in exactly 78 words! (It’s still a multiple of 13, it’s just far beyond what we’ve been sticking with.)
Before we get to this week’s prompt, here are a few important reminders:
- Submissions for our last Mutant 750 and for this Shapeshifting 13 close Thursday at 8pm ET. You’ll have until Saturday at Noon ET to cast your votes for your three favorites.
- Don’t forget to keep in touch: Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or sign up for our mailing list.
- Winners for all three challenges will be announced in my final post on Sunday, June 4th.
Last week for THE SHAPESHIFTING 13 challenge, you were tasked with creating a story or poem in just 13 words. This week, your challenge is to write a story or poem in exactly 78 words inspired by/using the following image:
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be exactly the number of words specified; no more, no less.
- Submissions must use the prompt(s) as directed, but it can be in any tense.
- Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so they shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Make sure to give proper credit to the artist if you include the image in your post.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- When voting, you are on the honor to not vote for your own piece.
Now, while you’re getting ready to post those wonderful words, don’t forget to grab the Shapeshifting 13 #108 badge from the right side of the page, and insert it into your post. Remember, you have until Thursday @ 8pm Eastern Time to submit something. Have fun!