Welcome back to the über fantastic, über enlightening, über delighting über mini-microfiction monstrosity better known as:
THE SHAPESHIFTING 13!![Applause! Applause! Gimme that thing that I love…]
Oops, sorry–had my headphones blaring a little too loud there.
[ba dum chhh]
I just want to say that you ghastly ghouls are amazing, and it is truly an honor to get to run this challenge each week! I hope you are all enjoying participating at least half as much as we enjoy having you be a part of our Grammar Ghoul Family! Feel free to spread the love of GGP around with those you love the most–and even if you don’t love’em, because we will accept everyone here!
AND–how awesome is it that our Shapeshifting 13 Challenge #14 is live on the 14th of August! Fate? I think so!
We have a frighteningly
delicious wonderful challenge in store for you ghastly ghouls, but first, we have some items to review:
- Voting for the Mutant 750 Challenge #46 begins immediately, so take a moment to peruse the submissions and vote for your three favorites. Voting ends on Saturday at 11pm ET.
- Our first-ever Fall Short Story Contest is currently accepting submissions through Friday, September 13th at Midnight, Eastern Time. You are all such fabulous and fascinating storytellers, so I know you’ve got something to submit to this contest. The winner will receive $100 and be published in our fall issue of The Ghoul’s Review.
- Lastly, don’t forget to check out our Lair. This week, we asked which type of prompts we present challenge you most! I’d love to get your thoughts posted in our discussions.
Alright! Now that we got that out of the way, why don’t we jump into this face first, huh?! hehe
Last week for THE SHAPESHIFTING 13 challenge, you were tasked with creating a story or poem using 13 words. This week, in exactly 26 words, your challenge is to write a story or poem inspired by the following image:
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be exactly the number of words specified; no more, no less.
- Submissions must use the prompt as directed.
- Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so they shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
Now, while your brewing that wonderful story, don’t forget to grab the Shapeshifting 13 #14 badge from the right side of the page, and insert it into your post. Remember, you have until Sunday @ 8pm Eastern Time to submit something. Have fun!
SHARE THE GEEKDOM!