Boo, Ghoul Friends!
This week has flown by! I hope it’s been kind to you!
Fall is such a wonderful time of year, so it best be kind to you!!
Our first step into the Ghoul Festival was a raging success, and I am so proud of all who entered, read, voted and commented! This week, we’re going to explore the more fantastical side of this harvest time!
Now, before we hop into our potato sacks, let’s look at a few reminders:
- Voting for the Mutant 750 Challenge #54 begins immediately, so take a moment to read the submissions and vote for your three favorites. Voting ends on Saturday at 11pm ET.
- Don’t forget to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages, and feel free to spread the word about our wonderful website with your friends and frenemies!
- Look for our Summer/Fall 2015 issue of The Ghouls’ Review in the near future!
- And don’t forget to check out our Lair! Last week we started a discussion on how we each like to conjure fear–by reading it or writing it–and we have a new discussion coming this Saturday!
During Ghoul Festival, you will be provided with a picture prompt that is all about Fall! From the colors of nature to the sights of Halloween, these prompts will gradually show the transition of Fall! The images may have a lot going on in them, and your challenge is to find a story to tell that is inspired, or even set, inside the image.
Last week for THE SHAPESHIFTING 13 challenge, you were tasked with creating a story or poem in just 13 words. This week, in exactly 26 words, your challenge is to write a story or poem inspired by the following image
Here is your prompt:
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be exactly the number of words specified; no more, no less.
- Submissions must use the prompt as directed.
- Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so they shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- When voting, you are on the honor to not vote for your own piece.
Now, while your handing over that cow, don’t forget to grab the Shapeshifting 13 #22 badge from the right side of the page, and insert it into your post. Remember, you have until Sunday @ 8pm Eastern Time to submit something. Have fun!
SHARE THE GEEKDOM!