Happy Midday, Ghoul Friends!
Time to get over that mid-week hump, and what a better way to do that than with a new Shapeshifting 13! This week, we have a scrumptious prompt in store for you. I’d suggest taking a good look at it.
First glances can be so deceiving!
Our Winter Writing Contest is going strong! This is a splendid opportunity for writers, and there’s an added bonus of $100 for our winner! This time, around, we have two challenges, which makes this so much more interesting and fun, wouldn’t you say?! We have a Short Stories section, where the word count is between 1000 and 3500 words, and then we have a Flash Fiction, where the word count is between 100 and 1000 words. There is a $10 entry fee for each story, and writers may submit up to 3 entries. When you’re ready to submit, click the “Pay Contest Fee” button at this link to pay your fee via PayPal, then email your submission to email@example.com. Please contact us if you require an alternative payment method.
Now, before we jump down to our prompt, let’s look at a few reminders:
- On the last Friday of each month, we will celebrate a fellow writer here at Grammar Ghoul Press, in a new segment we’re calling “Celebrating the Ghouls”! If you’re interested in being a part of this new project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Lair is currently taking a hiatus, as is our Mutant 750 challenge. Should either one open up, we’ll announce it here!
- The Shapeshifting 13 goes live every Wednesday at Noon ET. The grid will stay open until Sunday at 8:00 p.m., after which voting will open. Voting ends on Monday at 8:00 p.m., so you get about 24 hours to read and vote for your favorites pieces. Winners will be announced in a separate post on Tuesday at Noon ET. Further details can be found here.
Last week for THE SHAPESHIFTING 13 challenge, you were tasked with creating a story or poem in just 39 words. This week, in exactly 52 words, your challenge is to write a story or poem inspired by the following image (make sure to acknowledge the artist in your post):
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be exactly the number of words specified; no more, no less.
- Submissions must use the prompt as directed.
- Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so they shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- When voting, you are on the honor to not vote for your own piece.
Now, while your handing over that cow, don’t forget to grab the Shapeshifting 13 #40 badge from the right side of the page, and insert it into your post. Remember, you have until Sunday @ 8pm Eastern Time to submit something. Have fun!
SHARE THE GEEKDOM!