Welcome, Ghoul Friends!
I’ve told you about our challenge-series previously, but I would like your thoughts on them. You see, creating these challenge-series is a challenge all itself. I want to do something that not only makes sense, but also that works. Sometimes, the rules might be confusing, or the challenge may seem convoluted. Either way, we won’t know until we actually complete the series. So, my ghoulish lovelies, I ask of you this: When this challenge series ends, at the end of April, please share your thoughts. How well did this series work with our varying word count each week? Are the rules clear? Does this challenge-series work or even make sense? Please give us your thoughts on the matter. Your feedback helps us in more ways than you may ever know!
Before we get to our new challenge series, here are a few important reminders!
- On the last Friday of each month, we will celebrate a fellow writer here at Grammar Ghoul Press, in a new segment we’re calling “Celebrating the Ghouls”! If you’re interested in being a part of this new project, please email email@example.com.Check out past celebrations here.
- Our Lair is currently taking a hiatus, as is our Mutant 750 challenge. Should either one open up, we’ll announce it here!
- The Shapeshifting 13 goes live every Wednesday at Noon ET. The grid will stay open until Sunday at 8:00 p.m., after which voting will open. Voting ends on Monday at 8:00 p.m., so you get about 24 hours to read and vote for your favorites pieces. Winners will be announced in a separate post on Tuesday at Noon ET. Further details can be found here.
Now, it’s time to stop clicking those shimmering heels of yours, because you’re home! This month, the Ghouls are feeling fabulous and focusing on the colors of the rainbow for a new challenge-series that we’re calling:
Ghouls on Rainbows!
This challenge series is really fun! Check out the details below:
Ghouls on Rainbows!
Each week, you will be provided a visual prompt. The visual prompt may have several colors in it, but we’re focusing on one color at a time. Each week, we will tell you the primary color of the week, and your job is to write a story or poem, abiding by that week’s word count, using/inspired by that color in that image. Sounds easy, right? I assure you, it’s not as easy as it sounds!
Last week for THE SHAPESHIFTING 13 challenge, you were tasked with creating a story or poem in just 26 words. This week, in exactly 39 words, your challenge is to write a story or poem inspired by the following color in the following image:
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be exactly the number of words specified; no more, no less.
- Submissions must use the prompt as directed.
- Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so they shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- When voting, you are on the honor to not vote for your own piece.
Now, while you’re getting ready to post those wonderful words, don’t forget to grab the Shapeshifting 13 #47 badge from the right side of the page, and insert it into your post. Remember, you have until Sunday @ 8pm Eastern Time to submit something. Have fun!
SHARE THE GEEKDOM!