Writing Challenge: Shapeshifting 13
The Shapeshifting 13 Micro-fiction Writing Challenge
A weekly micro-fiction writing challenge for bloggers who like a surreal challenge!
At our weekly Shapeshifting 13 micro-fiction writing challenge, you get a prompt and a multiple of exactly 13 words every week of each month. In week 1, you get 13 words, week 2 you get 26, week 3 you get 39, and so on. The challenge resets to 13 words at the beginning of the next month.
The Shapeshifting 13 writing challenge kicks off every Wednesday at Noon (Eastern Time). The Inlinkz grid will be open for your challenge submissions, so you can link your piece as soon as it’s ready. The grid will stay open until Sunday at 8:00 p.m., after which voting will open. You will be able to read and vote for your favourite submissions until Monday at 8:00 p.m. Winners will be announced in a separate post on Tuesdays at Noon.
The challenge schedule and rules are listed below. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Shapeshifting 13 Weekly Challenge Schedule
|Wednesday @ Noon:||Current week’s prompt is revealed
Grid opens for submissions
|Sunday @ 8pm:||Grid closes to submissions
|Monday @ 8pm:||Voting closes|
|Tuesday @ Noon:||Winners are announced|
- Challenge submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Submissions must be exactly the number of words specified; no more, no less.
- Submissions must use the prompt as directed.
- Submissions should be written in response to the challenge, so they shouldn’t pre-date the kickoff post.
- One submission per person.
- Please put lengthy explanations at the end of your post, not at the beginning.
- Don’t forget to add the code for the challenge badge to your post.
- And don’t forget to have fun!